Advertisement

Maya Angelou - Phenomenal Woman - Lockdown Poetry - Queeny, Yalnaaz and Saumya

Maya Angelou - Phenomenal Woman - Lockdown Poetry - Queeny, Yalnaaz and Saumya I remember falling in love with this phenomenal poem the first time I read it in my college days. Here was a poem that shattered every myth and stereotype about a woman's appearance and body. Here was a woman inspiring every woman to embrace and own herself completely, exactly the way she is.
Maya Angelou's poems 'Phenomenal Woman' and 'Still I Rise' had a different kind of impact on me. Those words still take me into a trance each time I read, hear or recite them.
On the ocassion of the phenomenal poet and author late Maya Angelou's birth anniversary, Queeny, Yalnaaz and I decided to recite her poems and spread the love and inspiration. We really hope you like this rendition!

P.S.: A shout-out to all the phenomenal women out there who helped us with the chorus recital. Thank you!

Saumya

Post a Comment

0 Comments