Advertisement

Predicates and their Truth Sets

Predicates and their Truth Sets A predicate is a sentence that depends on the value of a variable. For instance, "x is greater than 3". If you tell me a specific value of x, like 7 or 2, then the predicate becomes a logical statement which is either true or false. The Truth Set of a predicate is all of the values of the variable(s) such that the corresponding statements are True.

Learning Objective
1) Determine whether a sentence is a logical statement or a predicate
2) Given a predicate, determine it's Truth Set

►Full DISCRETE MATH Course Playlist:

Other Course Playlists:

►CALCULUS I:

►CALCULUS II:

►CALCULUS III:

►LINEAR ALGEBRA:

► Want to learn math effectively? Check out my "Learning Math" Series:

►Want some cool math? Check out my "Cool Math" Series:

*****************************************************
YOUR TURN! Learning math requires more than just watching math videos, so make sure you reflect, ask questions, and do lots of practice problems!

****************************************************

►Follow me on Twitter:

BECOME A MEMBER:
►Join:

MATH BOOKS & MERCH I LOVE:
► My Amazon Affiliate Shop:

Mathematics,Predicates,Logical Statements,Truth Set,Example,Discrete Math,Logic,

Post a Comment

0 Comments