Advertisement

Functional Analysis Overview

Functional Analysis Overview In this video, I give an overview of functional analysis, also known as infinite-dimensional linear algebra. Functional analysis is a fascinating sub-field of math that combines both linear algebra and analysis, with a sprinkle of topology. Among others, I prove that boundedness of linear operators is equivalent to continuity, and I give an example of an unbounded operator, and I go over major theorems like the open mapping theorem or the closed graph theorem. Finally, I give a brief overview of Hilbert spaces. Enjoy!

functional,analysis,overview,infinite-dimensional,infinite,dimensional,linear,algebra,banach,spaces,vector,continuous,continuity,boundedness,bounded,operator,transformation,discontinuous,alaoglu,open mapping,closed graph,theorem,math,fun,weak,topology,weak*,weak-*,hilbert space,banach-steinhaus,invertible,extreme,extreme points,krein,krein-milman,

Post a Comment

0 Comments